- It finally stopped raining! The sun has been out all day today. I'll be complaining about the heat pretty soon, but for right now, I'm just so glad it's not raining. It really feels like summer now that the mosquitos have been biting me.
- I got the taxes done today. Such a relief. I didn't get one of the important tax papers I needed until April 8th, so rather than scramble to file by the 15th, I just filed and extension. And then kind of forgot about the whole thing. Today I spent nearly 3 hours in the tax assistance center, but they are done. As it turns out, I was doing them wrong anyway and would have missed out on a huge chunk of refund money. So hooray for the military tax assistance center! Let's hope I don't get audited.
- This was the Jaywalker sock I've been working on since February.
I kept it in my purse and would knit a few rows here and there, but the more I knit, the less I liked it. You'd think I would have recognized this before going all the way past the heel. At least I didn't knit a second sock I didn't care for.
- This is the new version of the sock.
Not sure I love the blurry stripes, but I like it more as I knit, not less. I certainly like it better than the first try.
- Everyone is moving away. Well, it sure seems that way. I hate goodbyes. Would it be rude of me to just wish they would all leave already? One more year....
- Tomorrow is the last day of public school for Grace. Alex has still a lot to finish before August, but he's working really hard and doing great . Next week, they take a Youth Services trip to Germany for hiking, water skiing, and a ropes course. Not a bad way to begin summer!